Monday, April 21, 2008

Click Au Naturel : Earthly Delight

"Vakda tikda hathi pai nakha,
vedya aala re aala"

As a kid I remember my grandpa asking us to solve this riddle (in marathi), the answer to which is hidden in the riddle itself. :D. Here is my best shot at translating it in English:

"crooked n twisted,with nails on it's numerous hands and feet,
oh! fool it's here, it's here"


The answer ofcourse is
Ginger

"Ala"
or "Aalay" in Marathi has 2 meanings One: "(something's) here" and two: "ginger". :D
The above picture is my entry to the click it (Au Naturel) event hosted by Jugalbandi. Thanks Bee and Jai for such a wonderful event, I had fun writing this post..:D
____________________________________

And here is a picture of Honey Ginger Tofu I made few weeks back taking tips from this recipe and one of those little recipe cards avalibale in the Publix vegetables section. Enjoy. :)

No comments: